All events take place on World AIDS Day, Thursday, December 1
Yale University, Noon-1:00 pm
- Speaker: Ann Kurth, PhD, CNM, MPH, Dean, and Linda Koch Lorimer Professor, Yale University School of Nursing
- Title: HIV Implementation Science: Urgency, Opportunity, and Interprofessionalism
- Description: Within the framework of implementation science, what can we learn from our response to HIV and how can we leverage these lessons to other diseases such as NCDs. Presentation will cover examples of evidence-based innovations in the response to HIV. Finally, presentation will conclude with discussion of the workforce shortage, and the importance and role of the interprofessional team.
- Location: Yale School of Public Health, Winslow Auditorium, 60 College Street, New Haven, CT
- Further Details and Registration
Human Resources Agency (HRA) of New Britain, 5:00 pm-7:30 pm
- Details: On December 1, HRA will host a celebration of life #worthfightingfor through education & entertainment. The evening will include a keynote speaker from ACT UP NY, a video montage of HIV now and then courtesy of ACT UP NY, a musical guest, a photo-booth, and refreshments.
- Location: South Congregational Church, 90 Main Street (Arch Street entrance), New Britain, CT
Community Health Services Inc. Hartford, CT, 6:00 pm
- Details: People living with HIV/AIDS, HIV/AIDS providers and advocates will be gathering to commemorate World AIDS Day. Networking and hors d'oeuvres start at 6pm, with entertainment to follow. The event is free and open to everyone. Ample parking is available.
- Location: Mark Twain House, 351 Farmington Ave, Hartford, CT
New Haven Mayor's Task Force, 6:00 pm-9:00 pm
- Details: Free community paint night event. Walk the red awareness carpet, photos, refreshments, and more! Featuring DJ Dooley-O, artist Bwak Comfort, photographer Chefren Gray, videographer Donnell Durden.
- Location: Gateway Community College, Room N100, 20 Church Street, New Haven, CT
- Participate: RSVP only – Call (203) 503-3146
Published: Monday, November 21, 2016