- Professor of Medicine, Yale School of Medicine
- Lecturer in Pharmacology, Yale School of Medicine
- Senior Research Scholar, Interdisciplinary Center for Bioethics, Yale University
- Chair: Executive Committee, Interdisciplinary Center for Bioethics
- Member, Community Research and Implementation Core, CIRA
Robert J. Levine, at Yale University, is Professor of Medicine and Lecturer in Pharmacology, and Chair of the Executive Committee of the Interdisciplinary Center for Bioethics (of which he was Founding Co-director). He is a Fellow of The Hastings Center; past-President of the American Society of Law, Medicine & Ethics (two terms), past-Chairman of the Connecticut Humanities Council and a Director of PRIM&R (Public Responsibility in Medicine and Research). In the past he was also Chair of the Institutional Review Board at Yale-New Haven Medical Center (1969 - 2000).
He is the author of numerous publications including the book, Ethics and Regulation of
Clinical Research (2 editions). In the last 35 years, most of Dr. Levine's research, teaching and publications have been in the field of medical ethics with particular concentration on the ethics of research involving human subjects.
- Medical Ethics