- Director of Public Policy, AIDS Connecticut (ACT)
- Member, Community Advisory Board, CIRA
Shawn Lang is the Director of Public Policy with AIDS Connecticut (ACT). Her primary responsibilities are coordinating CT's HIV/AIDS public policy and advocacy activities on the state and federal levels.
Shawn co-chairs the AIDS LIFE (Legislative Initiative and Funding Effort) Campaign, Connecticut's statewide AIDS policy group and was a member of the Red Ribbon Task Force on HIV/AIDS.
She is the President of the board of the National AIDS Housing Coalition; a member of the Communities Advocating for Emergency AIDS Response (CAEAR) Coalition; Co-chair of the CT HIV Planning Consortium; on the Steering Committee for the Female Condom Research Project, and on the Executive Committee and Community Advisory Board of Yale's Center for Interdisciplinary Research on AIDS.
She has been an activist on issues impacting battered women; G/L/B/T communities; homelessness and HIV/AIDS. She lives in West Hartford with her 12 year old son, Corbett Lang.
CIRA Affiliated Projects:
- Assessing and Addressing Stigma towards PLWHA in Connecticut to Strengthen the Implementation of Evidence-Based Interventions
- Consumer advocacy (local, state and national levels)
- Bisexual Community
- Harm reduction
- Housing Advocacy
- Prisons/Prison population