The Community Advisory Board (CAB) includes persons living with and affected by HIV/AIDS, representatives from the private sector, local and state health departments, community-based organizations (CBOs), AIDS service organizations, educational institutions, and others working or volunteering in the HIV/AIDS field. The CAB serves as one of four advisory bodies to the Center, providing community perspectives on all of its activities.
CAB members are expected to meet with CIRA's Director to provide a community perspective on various activities and functions of the Center. Examples of issues on which the CAB is likely to advise the CIRA Director include:
- Activities of the Center's Cores-to ensure that they remain attentive to community concerns, needs, and priorities.
- Relevance to the community of the social/ behavioral prevention and intervention research supported by the Center.
- Efforts to identify opportunities at CIRA for researchers and staff from race/ethnic minority groups. Center's impact on the "practice" activities of CBOs and its overall relationship with the local community.
- Adobe Acrobat (.pdf)
Community Advisory Board Members
- Paul Botticello, M.S.W., Executive Director, AIDS Project Hartford
- Katrina Clark, M.P.H., Executive Director, Fair Haven Community, Health Center
- Robin Clark-Smith, HIV Counselor/Coordinator, Bridgeport Health Department
- Christopher Cole, Executive Director, AIDS Project New Haven
- Brian Datcher, Regional Community Advisory Board Leader, Community Health Center Association of Connecticut
- Nancy Kingwood-Small M.S., Director of HIV Servces, Greater Bridgeport Adolescent Pregnancy Program
- Shawn Lang, B.A., Director of Public Policy, Connecticut AIDS Resource Coalition (CARC)
- Ann Levie, M.S.W., M.P.H., Principal, Ann Levie Associates
- Joanne Montgomery, Director, Medication-Assisted Treatment and HIV/AIDS Services, Recovery Network of Programs
- Dennis Torres, J.D., M.S.W., Director, Family Centers, Inc.
- Danielle Warren-Dias, Program Coordinator, CT Children's Medical Center/UCONN