In order to support our mission for interdisciplinary work, CIRA's organizational structure is divided up into five sections or "Cores". Each of these cores provide a different type of support and service to a CIRA scientist who is performing research.
- The Administrative Core provides scientific, administrative and financial coordination and support to the Center, plans Center activities, develops Center publications, and assists investigators in preparing grant applications.
- The Clinical and Health Services Research Core is dedicated to multidisciplinary, collaborative research focusing on HIV prevention, care, and treatment in national and international settings.
- The Community Research and Implementation Core reflects CIRA's commitment to community based HIV prevention research.
- The Development Core seeks to promote and encourage both new science at CIRA that is consistent with its mission and new investigators to conduct this research.
- The Interdisciplinary Research Methods Core provides centralized expertise and resources for study design, and collection and analysis of data.