CIRA's Research Snapshot Series features one page summaries of completed, peer reviewed and published studies conducted by our affiliated scientists. The summaries describe the reason for the study, the key findings, and implications for practice and policy, presented in plain language. Each of the briefs also include a link to a published article in a peer reviewed journal that derives from the featured study.
If you are interested in submitting a brief for publication or just want to discuss the process, contact Kathryn Young, email@example.com, Assistant Director, Administration, at CIRA.
- Practice- and Community-Based Interventions to Increase Human Papillomavirus Vaccine Coverage (Principal Investigators: Linda Niccolai and Caitlin Hansen)
- Evidence Based Mental Health Interventions for Young Gay and Bisexual Men (Principal Investigator: John Pachankis)
- Transgender Stigma and Health: A Critical Review of Stigma Determinants, Mechanisms, and Interventions (Principal Investigators: Jaclyn M. White Hughto, Sari Reisner and John Pachankis)
- Accuracy and Acceptability of Oral HIV Self-tests in Kenya (Principal Investigators: Ann E. Kurth and Abraham M. Siika)
- Implementation of Integrated Stepped Care for Unhealthy Alcohol Use In HIV Clinics (Principal Investigators: E. Jennifer Edelman and David A. Fiellin)
- HIV Prevention Needs Among MSM in Small Urban Areas (Principal Investigators: John Pachankis and Danya Keane)
- Framing HIV Pre-Exposure Prophylaxis (PrEP) for the General Public: How Inclusive Messaging May Prevent Prejudice from Diminishing Public Support (Principal Investigator: Sarah Calabrese)
An Interactive Videogame for HIV Prevention in Early Adolescents (Principal Investigator: Lynn E. Fiellin)